About the Company
Waypoint Services for Women, Children and Families, formerly the YWCA of Cedar Rapids and Linn County has, since 1894, been a human service resource and community leader advocating for women and children in need. Today, Waypoint offers services to women and children who are homeless, living in poverty, or victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Waypoint also offers quality, affordable child care to families of all socio-economic levels.
Mission: To strengthen and empower women and families in their life’s journey by providing advocacy, crisis intervention, supportive services, shelter, quality child care, prevention education and community leadership.
Waypoint is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and primarily serves Linn, Benton and Jones counties.
• Madge Phillips Center Shelter for homeless women and children
• Daytime Drop-in Resource Program
• Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Program
• Prevention and Education Services
• Child Care Services
- Business, management and administration
- Education and training
- Human services
- Marketing, sales and service
- Business and financial operations
- Community and social services
- Education, training and library
- Food preparation and serving related occupations
- Building, grounds cleaning, and maintenance
- Office and administrative support
Learn more about Career Wages
Advancement and/or Leadership Opportunities
Internship or volunteer opportunities at Waypoint are a wonderful introduction to the organization and team.
Waypoint is a mission-driven organization that serves over 3,500 individuals each year. Waypoint has 215 employees and over 400 community volunteers who are helping the organization fulfill its missing daily.
Waypoint expects employees, volunteers and interns to be professional and promotes a work environment that values respect, fairness and integrity.
318 5th St. SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
(319) 365-1458 E-mail Address:
Cedar Rapids, Iowa Employees:
- Internship for college students
- Contact us for more info
- 40 hours per week, 8AM - 5PM
- 40 hours per week, open 24 hours, multiple shifts
- Seasonal busy times that include additional work hours
- Health insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid leave - vacation
- Paid leave - sick
- Paid leave - holiday
- Paid leave - PTO
- Retirement/pension plans
- Flex spending
- Tuition assistance
- Childcare assistance