About the Company
For more than 80 years, Van Meter Industrial has provided customers with the right high-quality electrical and mechanical products exactly when you need them. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
We pride ourselves on offering much more than just reliable products – we work every day to provide you with services and solutions that make life on the job site easier and more efficient while reducing your total installed cost.
Van Meter services five primary areas:
• Power Transmission
Based in the Midwest, Van Meter serves customers in the industrial, commercial, contractor, utility and OEM markets. Our mission is to be a key part of our customers’ competitive advantage and success. We have an unparalleled level of customer service, supply superior products, customize solutions and services and company give back to our community.
- Business, management and administration
- Education and training
- Marketing, sales and service
- Transportation, distribution and logistics
- Business and financial operations
- Computer and mathematical
- Architecture and engineering
- Transportation and material moving
Learn more about Career Wages
Advancement and/or Leadership Opportunities
Our purpose is to be our customers’ competitive advantage. We do this by creating a culture where the right people come to work, stay and achieve their potential. We are ordinary people doing extraordinary things.
Over the past 80 years, we’ve built a unique culture where every employee is an equal owner in the company…where we value continuous improvement…where we give back to the community…and where every investment we make is made to improve service for you.
Our beliefs (5 Ps)
• We have a culture that is committed to the development and well being of our people.
• We don’t run the business to make a profit…we make a profit to run the business.
• We are blessed by our communities and our place in them. We support our communities with our time, talents and monetary treasures.
• We strive to take care of those who provide us the opportunity to be in business.
• Continuous imProvement is essential for our future. We believe in improvements happening every day, from everyone.
In May 1928, The Van Meter Company was founded by R.L. Van Meter and R.W. Lemley, whose motto was “Service is our first thought.” As one of the area’s first electrical distributors, the company was committed to supporting what was still a new and developing technology. The struggle of starting a business during such tough economic times became a major test.
During those difficult times, Van Meter did more than survive. The company grew because they believed that owners, employees and customers should treat each other like family. They believed in their products, worked to learn what customers needed and pushed manufacturers to come up with better solutions.
More than 80 years later, 350+ employee-owners remain committed to these principles. Our business has evolved to meet our customers’ ever changing needs. We listen to our customers’ challenges, no matter how big or small, and develop the services they need to be successful.
850 32nd Avenue
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
(319) 336-5301 Headquarter:
Cedar Rapids, Iowa Employees:
- Internship for college students
- 40 hours per week, 8AM - 5PM
- 40 hours per week, flexible/rotating hours
- Health insurance
- Accidental death
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid leave - vacation
- Paid leave - sick
- Paid leave - holiday
- Retirement/pension plans
- Flex spending
- Tuition assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs